Thực ra anh cũng biết, anh chỉ mới biết các chú được gần 3 tháng. Không thể so sánh với những tình bạn thời chăn trâu, tình bạn cấp 3, đại học với quãng thời gian 2-3 năm trở lên, tình bạn nhà bên mười mấy năm. Những người bạn mà họ sống chết vì các chú =)) , đã có nhiều kỷ niệm với các chú. Trong khi anh chỉ là một thanh niên qua đường trong cuộc đời các chú. Học xong các chú lại bay mỗi người một nơi, thế nên các chú không thể dành tình cảm lâu dài và bền vững với anh cũng là lẽ đương nhiên. Anh buồn lăm, đành phải tìm thú vui nơi khác, chém gió với những người xa lạ ( tennis, hội sinh viên quốc tế ở Meidai) . Những kỷ niệm 2 tháng đầu quen biết anh sẽ giữ lại như một kỷ niệm đẹp. Và rồi sau 3 tháng anh cũng nhận ra và các chú cũng thấy, chúng ta có quá nhiều khác biệt về quan điểm tính cách, có những mâu thuẫn không thể dung hoà. Thế nên, chúng ta không phải là bạn thân, mà chỉ là hội anh em cây khế thôi. Anh chúc các chú vui bên bạn thân, còn anh lại lê bước đi tìm close friend của đời mình T_T
His post say about basic things but in a good organization. I hope in one day i can write a quality post like this
Dear brothers and sisters, if you are planning to contact foreign professors for a postgraduate position in his/her lab or you have already emailed a lot of professors but not getting a positive response, this post is for you. Keep reading.
I used to email professors on regular basis without any luck at all. Then I changed my approach and it really paid off. I got positive response from many professors and some of them invited me to interviews too. Even those professors who had no open position emailed me and thanked me for my interest in their labs and advised me to keep visiting their webpages.
Here are some valuable tips for you. I am hopeful they will be useful to you.
1. Always prefer quality over quantity. Never throw a large number of poorly written emails, rather send a limited number of quality emails. For this, you have to dedicate a good amount of time to every single email.
2. Write a separate email to each professor. Do not send a generalized email to every one. Show the professor that you have indeed worked hard and you are a serious candidate.
3. Only send email to a professor if your research interest matches his/her work OR you can demonstrate a solid interest in and a sound knowledge of the professors area of research.
4. Before emailing, always visit the website of the professor and know about what research he or she is currently doing. It is not going to help if you show your interest in an area in which professor worked say 20 years ago.
5. The most important point is doing proper homework before sending an email. Read at least one paper of the professor 3 times and ask yourself these questions: how your previous research correlates with this work, what can you add to this work to make it more effective, what new methods/techniques can be applied, why are you finding this research work compelling, etc. Please remember that the more homework you do greater the chances are that you will impress the professor.
6. Once you have done your homework, its time to compose the email. Obey the following rules:
A. After salutations, introduce yourself briefly and mention the purpose of your email.
B. Show your interest in professors work by referring to his/her publications. Try to use the language used by professor in his/her articles. Proposing a new and plausible idea is always good to get the professors attention.
C. Briefly state how you can be a good addition to professor’s lab by mentioning your past experience.
D. Close your email by showing your interest in joining professors lab
E. Attach your CV and send the email. Please note that the email should be brief and to the point.
F. If a professor refuses to offer you a position, reply in a cordial manner and pay thanks for his/her time. It is likely that the professor will contact you if there was a position in his/her lab in the future.
Please note that searching for a funded position is an arduous task and you should never lose hope even if you dont get good response. If you can be persistent in your hunt, you will surely get a good offer. Thanks and best wishes to all of you.
Base on inspired post from Bà Dì Nulo “Break up announcement- Thuy Kieu”, i think it is not fair for men when we are pitiful followers and can be ditched, blocked facebook, unfriend facebook at anytime depend on the girl’s mood. So, from my real experience on the endless road to find “the one”, i would better write down “Terminate following declaration” to awaken blind in following guys:
Dear adorable girls who i following
I am regret to announce that i must terminate following you. It is obviously that you don’t care about my friend request, ignore and didn’t show any interest in my messages. Sometime in worst case, block me after receive overwhelming complete nonsense messages from me :)) (this is my fault so i am trying to improve my chat skill now:)) ), unfriend me because of my joking comments. Following you in desperate made me broken-down. In addition, as a poor guy try for surviving in Japan, i am also burdened with stress in work, dead line in report ,and glorious purpose to look for airblade comrades.
I need someone who can rescue my boring life and be my “the one” :)). Since you have not yet shown any positive signal to me which is supposed to be done by a real “the one”, I have made up my mind to terminate following you.
Although you and i don’t have any precious memories, i want to let you know that this sudden terminating is not wanted. I therefore promote friend relationship to take over “sudden terminating”. If you don’t mind, we can keep friend and learn from each others (unfeasible for blocked, unfriend case).
I would appreciated it if you concern my proposal (in recommendation meaning:)) ). I hope we have fun as social friends.
Thank for everything.
Your follower, The moon man
0001 Moon of Earth
Milky Way Galaxy, Known Universe 1
Ps: Sorry for a lot of grammar mistakes and typos.
I have moved to Nagoya to start a new life chapter for two months. I had lovely crush on NU (Nagoya University), and disappointed also. And i want to share it with you, thought it may be not helpful.
- Season 5-2-20′ . Shouldn’t we hold out for the person who doesn’t just tolerate out little quirks, but actually kind of likes them?. Even if it means finding ourselves on another blind date with each other, seven years from now? Well … good luck out there,
- Okay, look , the honeymoon period may be over, but now you can get into the real stuff